LANAP Laser Periodontal Procedures
COMFORTABLE GUM DISEASE TREATMENT USING LASER DENTISTRY TO PROVIDE FASTER RETURN TO ORAL HEALTH
Modern Solution to a Common Oral Health Problem – Gum Disease
Over 50% of American adults have gum disease – an infection below the gum line. Gum disease is a progressive oral problem, with the potential to create serious effects that include bone deterioration, gum recession and devastating tooth loss. It is also linked to several health problems – from heart disease, stroke, diabetes and pre-term babies. Utilizing the body’s own natural ability to “heal itself”, Dr. Morelli utilizes the PerioLase™ for the Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®). Performed without a scalpel and sutures, LANAP creates an environment for regeneration of the tissues around your teeth that are lost due to periodontal disease.
WHAT IS LANAP LASER GUM DISEASE TREATMENT?
The LANAP protocol is a laser-based treatment for gum disease. It is a minimally invasive alternative to traditional gum disease therapy. There is no cutting and suturing with the LANAP protocol. This precision soft tissue laser specifically targets harmful bacteria and areas of infected tissue deep below the gum line. Patients typically report less pain and discomfort during and after the procedure, compared to traditional periodontal surgery. This patient friendly procedure helps you get healthy again comfortably, without causing collateral damage to surrounding healthy tissues.
BENEFITS OF LANAP
- Faster Healing – LANAP® is minimally invasive and allows the body to recover and heal more quickly.
- Less Discomfort – Patients report less discomfort during and after surgery.
- Minimal Recovery Time – Most patients can immediately return to their daily routine.
- Little to No Gum Recession – Because the procedure doesn’t require cutting the gums, there is less risk of recession and your beautiful smile is maintained.
- Reduction in Gum Inflammation and Bleeding – The PerioLase® MVP-7™ targets inflammatory bacteria without injuring healthy tissue.
- Saves Teeth – Keeping your natural teeth has been linked to a longer lifespan!
- Safe for patients with Health Concerns –LANAP® protocol is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.
NORTH CAROLINA IMPLANTS AND PERIODONTICS
5 out of 5 stars based on 2 Laser Therapy reviews.